These 2 types of foods are probably the most popular ones right now. However, the problem is there isn’t a clear winner. Some say non-organic foods are better while others are more inclined towards organic foods. In order to understand them better, these are some of the differences between the 2.
- Non-Organic Food – Using chemical fertilizers such as pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, etc., leading to the production of food is called as non-organic food. Moreover, chemicals are used for the removal of weeds, insects and pests to produce non-organic foods.
- Organic Food – Using natural compounds such as the likes of manure and compost leads to the production of organic foods. This type of food either uses chemicals in very little amount or sometimes does not require any sort of assistance. Tilling, crop rotation, hand wedding and mulching are some of the methods used for producing organic foods. Moreover, birds, traps and other insects are used even for removing pests.
In the end, let’s focus on the advantages of organic food over non-organic food.
- Organic farming helps food to grow naturally by ensuring the soils fertility to be maintained.
- Organic farming ensures less waste is created, less pollution, more energy is conserved and more.
- The content of nutrients is higher in organic foods. This allows the food to become more flavorful and offer health benefits.
- Organic farming helps the animals to grow naturally without the use of chemicals, antibiotics, hormones etc.
Many companies are now focusing on organic produce in Brisbane when it comes to offering the best quality of food and fruits.